Developing and improving the Multimat range
At Multimat we have been engineering sleep systems for worldwide expeditions, and contributing to the cutting edge of these achievements since 1986.
A key factor in our continual program of improvement to the range has been the collaboration with, and feedback from participants in many of the projects we have supported through Multimat sponsorship.
These projects have seen Multimats (and their users) tested in some of the most extreme conditions on the planet and we have been able to further develop our products by using the valuable feedback from their users.
Elite and adventurous
Our thanks to the elite and adventurous who have used Multimat products in their adventures. They include:
- • Arctic Kites, Greenland Icecap Crossing 2008 www.arctickites.com
• The British Antarctic Survey
• British Army (EWR) 2006 Everest West Ridge attempt
• The Coldest Journey – the winter crossing of Antarctica www.thecoldestjourney.org for Seeing is Believing
• Dave Leaning, ex-Royal Marine, for Arctic ski across Spitsbergen, Svalbard in support of HALO, the UK-based landmine charity
• Developing products with Gary Rolfe arctic explorer www.garyrolfe.com
• Expedition organisers including Jagged Globe www.jaggedglobe.com
• Kaspersky Women’s Commonwealth Antarctic Expedition 2009/10 (pictured) www.kasperskycommonwealthexpedition.com
• Max Adventure for the Three Peaks and London to Cape Town challenges in support of Help for Heroes 2009/10 ww.maxadventure.co.uk
• Gordon May & Peggy, his 1952 BSA Bantam, Overland to Egypt 2010 www.overlandtoegypt.co.uk
• Captain Sean Chapple, Royal Marines Navy, South Pole Expedition 2007 www.polarquest.co.uk
• Karen Darke and Team, Pole of Possibility 2013 www.poleofpossibility.com for The Backup Trust
• RAF Regiment Northern Exposure 2011 Expedition, 416-miles unsupported to the Geographic North Pole.
• Shishapangma 2007, attempted team ski ascent of Mount Shishapangma (8012m)
• Northern Spirit Siberia 2007, 700km traverse of Lake Baikal (the world’s largest lake)
• Bike riding adventurer Simon Perry for his 2010 Argentina to Alaska trip in support of Help for Heroes www.simonintheamericas.kk5.org
• The Wet Way Round Team, 300-mile Cornish Kayaking Challenge 2010 in support of ShelterBox, RNLI & Help for Heroes www.thewetwayround.org
• Xtreme Alps August 2010 high altitude medical research project www.case-medicine.co.uk/xtreme-alps
• Caudwell Xtreme Everest 2007, world’s highest medical research laboratory www.xtreme-everest.co.uk
• Walking with the Wounded, South Pole Challenge 2013 www.walkingwiththewounded.org.uk